As I sip on a cup of hot cocoa, I am just reflecting on how this is sooo beneficial to my health.
So many people look at chocolate and immediately feel a strong sense of guilt. But it should not be the chocolate that is put to blame. The chocolate is actually a wonderful substance of Mother Nature that provides a wide range of health benefits.
No, the problem comes when all that processed sugar is added to that cacao to develop sweets that can add pounds to our figure just by looking at them. Don’t fault the chocolate; put the blame where it goes… Sugar!
I am going to explain in today’s post the rich health benefits in cacao. And, I will tell you where you can get cacao that will provide these benefits without the guilt.
Here are the many benefits of cacao… Amazing Cacao: The Food Of Life.
“Let food be thy medicine.” Hippocrates
Cacao balances your blood pressure
If you were to interview any family physicians, I would wager they will tell you that overall, the patients they treat run higher blood pressure levels than did people 20, 30 or 40 years ago. There are various reasons for this.
- More stress
- The foods we ingest
Cacao is full of flavonoids which help to lower blood pressure. The antioxidants in cacao support the production of nitric oxide which relaxes our blood vessels.
Cacao fights the bad and supports the good cholesterol
Studies have shown that having cacao in your diet will lower the bad cholesterol and increase the good cholesterol.
Cacao makes us happy
Cacao contains anandamide. Anandamide is a molecule that scientists call “the bliss molecule.” It creates a happy euphoria.
I believe a dose of cacao is much better that any man-made “mood drug.”
Cacao and your memory
Various studies being performed are linking improved memory and a better learning capacity to the ingestion of cacao. It is believed that cacao supports better blood flow to the brain which in turn, improves our memory and the ability to learn.
Cacao improves your love life
Why is it chocolates are the primary gift on Valentine’s day? Could it be because of the fact that phenethylamine is in cacao? Phenethylamine which is shortened to PEA, is a compound that triggers the release of endorphins that are directly related to romance and sexual activity.
Cacao helps to regulate blood sugar levels
Here is another area that people are confused with. They assume that consuming chocolate is a cause in their diabetes. Again, it isn’t the chocolate that is damaging, it is the sugar infused into that chocolate.
Cacao itself improves insulin resistance and the metabolism of glucose.
Cacao can prevent premature aging
The antioxidants in cacao are in the same class of antioxidants in green tea and red wine. These antioxidants protect our cells from premature oxidation which keeps us looking and feeling younger.
Cacao helps your breathing
Cacao contains 2 substances, xanthine and theophylline which open bronchial passages. This helps to defeat asthma and other allergies.
Cacao supports weight loss
Just like this cup of hot cacao, if you are looking for a simple weight loss trick, try making hot cacao like I am drinking. Use coconut or rice milk. Cacao contains MAO inhibitors which shrink our appetites.
Cacao may be beneficial in stopping cancer cells
Studies have shown that cacao may be a great means of stopping the growth of cancer cells while allowing normal cells to grow strong.
Cacao provides energy
The magnesium content in cacao is extremely high in comparison to all other natural food sources. That magnesium provides energy and battles fatigue.
Cacao is good for your skin
Again, it all veers back to blood flow, and cacao creates better flow and helps to provide your skin with hydration and better elasticity. It has also show protective abilities from the sun’s rays. Manufacturers have been using raw cacao in the production of skin care products.
Cacao fights cavities
Studies performed at Tulane University showed that an extract from cacao was more powerful than fluoride in fighting tooth decay. The extract hardens tooth enamel.
Cacao has all those benefits and many more
Personally, I believe every man, woman and child should be ingesting some cacao daily. I am not talking about one of those chocolate bars found meeting your eyes in the checkout line of the grocery store.
As a matter of fact, getting the cacao I speak of may not be found in a grocery store. But I can tell you where to get wholly organic cacao… Living Raw Chocolate.
The link I am about to provide you will lead you to 70% Raw Ecuadorian Cacao. The other 30% consists of:
- Coconut sugar – Much better than processed sugars!
- Coconut oil – Has many great health benefits too!
- Cacao butter
- and Coconut meat
I love it! And you will too! So click here and get Living Raw Chocolate.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask below. Thank you for your visit today and will you please share this with your social media friends?
Have a great day and enjoy that cacao!